Friday, February 6, 2009

Birdie houses


Ava, Ian and I went for a little nature walk last weekend. We have a greenbelt, complete with a creek from a natural spring, that cuts through our neighborhood. Walking through this area used to be the only way I could get Ava to go to sleep. But that was last spring and now we have little Ian to take along on our explorations. Ava and I enjoy looking for bunnies, kitties, birdies and bugs. It's big fun. After our walk last Saturday, I had her sit down at her table with her "colors" and draw a picture of what she saw. I drew the grass and bird, she drew the birdhouse. There are a few basic birdhouses along this riparian area and Ava is quick to point them out. I was pretty proud to see how much her drawing actually resembled the shape of the "birdie house" as she calls it.

No comments: