Tuesday, November 20, 2007

O-tay

Ava now knows how to say ok. Sometimes (most times) it comes out as "o-tay." Adorable. Very Buckwheat. Or at least Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat.

Notable accomplishments:
* Can crawl up in bed by herself, even when I tell her to
* Is eating more, and is eating a bowl of yogurt by herself as I type this
* Is having fun with her new puppet theater (and it's even more entertaining when mommy crawls inside!)
* Has learned that when she's unhappy she can lay face down and on the floor and have a mini temper tantrum (usually her tactic of choice when I get in the shower)
* Has developed an interest in the stairs and can get up them pretty quickly, hence the baby gate is now being used at the bottom of the stairs
* Has all 4 1st molars
* Is nursing less, but still craves that special mommy snuggle time

This weekend I also spent most of the day Saturday rearranging her room. We now call it 'Ava's Apartment' as it's complete with her own table and chairs and Ava-sized plush rocking chair. She has always enjoyed playing in her room. I'll sit in my rocking chair and read to her while she busies herself with her own books and other goodies. She's such a good girl. :)

We are already preparing for Thanksgiving, although I'm a little sad not to be celebrating with any family or guests this year. But I'm still making my lemon-roasted 16 lb. turkey and all the fixins', just for good measure. I'm going to try to create a stuffing-inspired root veggie dish, hopefully with the same flavors as traditional stuffing. (Yes, mom, I'm armed and ready with the Crasins!)

No comments: